Ted Haller tells stories that make a difference. As an award-winning television news reporter, Ted traveled the country—shining a spotlight on the wronged and inspiring help for the hurt, while educating viewers on the law.
Ted has calmly and accurately covered intense, breaking news on live broadcasts for national cable news, as well as for local television stations across the country.
As a Partner and Founder of Haller Kwan LLP, Ted uses his storytelling experience and critical thinking to help employees who have been treated illegally in the workplace. As a former journalist, Ted listens, learns, and understands first. Advises second.
Ted is a powerful advocate who discovers the headlines—the legal issues—of a client’s case, and leverages those tools to achieve results.
“The relationship between an employee and employer is as intense as a family relationship. When the relationship sours, when there is wrong, employees are wounded. I believe our number-one job is to start the healing process.”
Ted is a Cum Laude graduate of the University of St. Thomas School of Law, where he served as the Membership Editor of the UST Law Journal. Ted grew up in Illinois and Arizona, and happily calls Minnesota home.
United States District Court, District of Minnesota
University of St. Thomas School of Law
- J.D. (cum laude)
- Membership Editor, UST Law Journal
- Presidential Scholar
Northwestern University, Medill School of Journalism
- B.S. Journalism and Political Science
- Ted Haller, Comment, Cleaning the Dirty Laundry: Washing Out Law Enforcement’s Prejudicial Comments, 11 U. St. Thomas L.J. 249 (2014)
- Panelist, "Implicit Bias in the Courts and the Media's Impact," Ramsey County Bar Association (2017)
- Panelist, "If it Bleeds, It Leads: Justice and the Media," Hamline University (2016)
- Presenter, Communicating with the Media, MNAPABA (2016)
- Emcee, Innocence Project of Minnesota, Benefit for Innocence Gala (2014, 2015, 2016)
Prior Legal and Other Professional Experience
- News Reporter, Fox 9, Minneapolis (2014 to June 2017)
- Bassford Remele, 2013 (law clerk)
- Xcel Energy, 2012 (law clerk)
- News Reporter, WWTV-TV in Traverse City, Michigan, 2005-2009
- News Reporter, KULR-8 in Billings, Mont., 2004